Tournament rules updated for 2020 (bolded)
Finnish Basketball Association rules will be applied with the following exceptions:
- Effective playing time 2x14 min. in age groups U14/U13. One timeout/period.
- Effective playing time 2x12 min in age groups U8-U12. One timeout/period.
- All age groups, except U8, U9 and U10, game mode is 5 vs. 5 players.
- In U8, U9 and U10 age groups the game mode is 4 vs 4 players.
- Age groups U14/U13; ball size 6, hoop/rim height 3,05m
- Age group U12; Ball size 5, hoop/rim height 3,05m
- Age group U11 and youngers; ball size 5, hoop/rim height 2,60m
- Possible overtime 3min effective playing time (1 time out). The overtime is started by a jump ball. If there is need for another overtime, the ”sudden death” principle is applied (the team that scores first, wins).
- Team fouls 6/period. Team fouls remain in effect for possible overtime.
- If team is late more than 15 minutes, it forfeits the game
- If a team forfeits a game, the score will be 20-0.
- There isn´t much time for warm-up at the field between games.
- Possible protest must be delivered within 15min after the game. At the same time team must pay a pro-test fee of 50 euro which will be returned if the protest is accepted. Tournament jury handles the protest and its decision is final. There are no re-plays.
- It should be noted that zone defense is forbidden in age groups between U8-U12. In age groups U14/U13 both man-to-man and zone are allowed during the whole game.
- If teams tie in division the winner of mutual game is ranked higher. If more than two teams tie in division higher ranked is
- The win/loss record (division points) of the games between the teams concerned
- Score difference of the games between the teams involved
- Score difference of all games
Score difference is calculated like this:
made points divided with points opponent made for example results 50-40 and 25-35, the score diff erence is 75/75 = 1,00
All winning teams in different division will receive a trophy.
Best three teams per divison will also receive medals (max. 12 ea / team).
All players in the lowest age groups will receive a special diploma from the tournament.